VIVA MED EX-16 (Medical & Life Insurance w/ Emergency Plan for Short Stays in Japan)
When foreigners enter or re-enter into Japan, they need to take a two-week self-quarantine due to the COVID-19. MED EX-16 is the insurance plan ideal for those with short stay in Japan for tourism, business and training.
VIVA MED EX-16 is a convenient medical and life insurance plan for foreigners coming to Japan with a period of stay of up to 16 days only. It covers up to 100% of actual medical fees for illness and injury including hospitalization at an affordable premium. It also includes emergency insurance which covers costs to fly-in a relative from the home country in an emergency situation. The insurance fee has great cost performance and starts from a very reasonable ¥2,500 (age 18-34).
- Medical insurance covers up to 800,000 yen in actual medical fees for illness and injury including hospitalization.
- Emergency insurance covers up to 1million yen to fly-in a relative from the home country.
- Emergency insurance pays a priority amount of 200,000 yen in advance for urgent expenses.
- Life insurance plan that covers up to 1million yen in the event of death.
- Persons from ages 1 to 65 years old can purchase the plan.
- For applicants under 15 years old, parent or accompanying adult over 18 years old must also apply for insurance.
- Term of Contract: 16 days effective from entering in Japan
* This plan is not applicable to foreigners already arrived in Japan.
* In case you apply individually, the fee must be paid one day before entry to Japan.
* Emergency insurance is not applicable to persons under 18 years of age.
* The amount of coverage and premium are different depending on term of contract and age of the applicant. Please check and confirm before applying.
For more details about this plan click here. Online application click here,